OFFICIAL TATTOO GIVEAWAY RULES
NO DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. By entering and participating in the Blood Bank of Hawaii Tattoo Giveaway (“Tattoo Giveaway”), entrants agree to accept and be bound by these rules and the decisions of Blood Bank of Hawaii (“BBH”) as final in all matters relating to the Tattoo Giveaway.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY: The Tattoo Giveaway is open to any individual of age eighteen (18) or older who is a legal resident of the State of Hawaii. An individual who registers to donate blood at the Pacific Ink and Art Expo (“PIAE”) BBH blood drive in the State of Hawaii, from August 5, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. (Hawaii time) through August 6, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (Hawaii time) (the “Entry Period”) will be given one entry form to be entered into the Tattoo Giveaway. Appointments may be made at the BBH PIAE booth, through BBH’s website at www.BBH.org or by calling (808) 848-4770. BBH reserves the right in its discretion to extend the Entry Period. An actual donation is not necessary for an individual to be entered into the Tattoo Giveaway. An individual may also enter the Tattoo Giveaway by obtaining an entry form in person from a BBH staff at the PIAE. Entry forms will not be mailed. Entries will be accepted on official entry forms only. No facsimiles or copies will be accepted. All entry forms must be received by BBH no later than the end of the Entry Period. Except for one additional entry for individuals making an appointment to donate blood as described above, there is a limit of one entry per visit. Employees of BBH and their immediate family and members of their households are ineligible for prizes. Employees of Priestess Ink, Bespoke and any other participating prize sponsor (the “Sponsors”), their immediate family members and members of their households are ineligible to win prizes sponsored by their employer. Neither BBH nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives are responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries. BBH reserves the right to disqualify any entrant. Non-compliance with any rule, requirement or mandatory procedure herein may, in the sole discretion of BBH, result in disqualification.
2. TATTOO GIVEAWAY PRIZES: BBH shall select two prize winners to receive a free tattoo (“Free Tattoo”) from either Priestess Ink or Bespoke. Free Tattoo is defined as one complete sitting, up to 1-hour. The Free Tattoo cannot be redeemed for cash. If the tattoo requires less than 1 hour, the remaining time is nontransferable. If the tattoo is not completed within that time frame and requires more time or the winner chooses to shorten the length of the tattoo session, the remaining tattoo sessions will be at the winner’s expense. The winner is responsible for any future appointments needed in order to complete the piece. No cover-ups or reworks. Winner has until 24 months from contest drawing to redeem the prize. Prize will expire on 08/06/2018. No Exceptions. Winners must contact Priestess Ink and Bespoke directly to set up tattoo appointment. Winners will be tattooed at: Priestess Ink at 94-356 Waipahu Depot Road, Unit C, Waipahu, HI 96797 or Bespoke at Samsung Plaza II, 655 Keeaumoku Street, Suite 201, Honolulu, HI 96814. Priestess Ink and Bespoke reserve the right to reject any person for any reason, as they see fit without notice.
Any gift certificates and gift cards for the Free Tattoo will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. The Free Tattoo has no cash value and cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred for any other prize or award. BBH reserves the right to substitute prizes with an item of equal or greater value, and all prize details are at the sole discretion of BBH and the participating prize sponsors. Limit of one prize per individual. All applicable federal, state and local taxes and expenses not specifically included in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prizes may not be sold or transferred.
3. WINNERS AND ODDS: One winner will be selected for each prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about August 11, 2016. Drawing will be conducted by BBH, whose decision shall be final. The odds of being drawn as the winner of the Tattoo Giveaway are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by BBH via telephone, e-mail or U.S. mail, at BBH’s discretion. The winners will be required to complete and return a prize acceptance and release, tattoo waiver of liability as provided by Priestess Ink and Bespoke, BBH liability release and consent to use winners names and likeness without further compensation, except as prohibited by law. The award of the prize is conditioned upon the winner’s acceptance of the terms in the foregoing releases. Such release must be received within five (5) business days of notification. If BBH is unable to locate or contact the winner or the winner does not submit the requested release within five (5) business days of notification, such potential winner may be disqualified at the sole discretion of BBH, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. The prize may be claimed only by, and will be awarded only to, the individuals identified on the donor entry registration form. BBH reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Tattoo Giveaway as it may deem appropriate. For identification of the winner, please send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to 2043 Dillingham Boulevard, Honolulu, Hawaii 96819, Attn: Tattoo Giveaway Prize Winners, after August 6, 2016 but before December 31, 2016.
4. GENERAL: As a condition to and in exchange for the right to enter the Tattoo Giveaway, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives from and against any and all losses, damages, injuries, claims, suits, causes of action, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from and/or related to, directly or indirectly, the Tattoo Giveaway and/or any prize awarded in connection therewith. BBH is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Tattoo Giveaway or in the announcement of the prizes. Except as prohibited by law, each participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Tattoo Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Honolulu, Hawaii; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (iii) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, “Special Damages”) may be awarded; and (iv) participant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. BBH reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Tattoo Giveaway, in whole or in part, or modify, extend or suspend the Tattoo Giveaway in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Tattoo Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud, technical problems, failures, malfunctions or other events have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity and/or feasibility of the Tattoo Giveaway or if BBH is prevented from continuing with the Tattoo Giveaway by any event beyond its control, or by any federal, state or local law, order, regulation or order of any court or jurisdiction. The laws of the State of Hawaii, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Tattoo Giveaway and all aspects related thereto. The Tattoo Giveaway is subject to any requirements, revisions and/or limitations imposed by applicable federal, state or local law. Void where prohibited.
5. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Tattoo Giveaway is Blood Bank of Hawaii, 2043 Dillingham Boulevard, Honolulu, Hawaii 96819.