From registration to refreshments, the entire process of donating blood takes about one hour and includes the following six steps:
1. Paperwork: Each donor is given a questionnaire to fill out.
2. Mini-physical: We will check your vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin level).
3. Confidential Interview: We will review your medical history with you.
4. Blood Collection: A new, sterile and disposable needle is used to draw one pint of your blood, which only takes about five to eight minutes.
5. Rest: Remain seated for a few minutes.
6. Eat: Be sure to have some refreshments before you leave and enjoy hearty meals throughout the day.
Here are some tips to help you feel your best:
Remember, every two seconds someone needs blood. You’re eligible to donate again in eight weeks. So before you leave the donation site, please schedule your next appointment.