From registration to refreshments, the entire process of donating blood takes about one hour and includes the following six steps:
1. Paperwork: Each donor is given a questionnaire to fill out.
2. Mini-physical: We will check your vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin level).
3. Confidential Interview: We will review your medical history with you.
4. Blood Collection: A new, sterile and disposable needle is used to draw one pint of your blood, which only takes about five to eight minutes.
5. Rest: Remain seated for a few minutes.
6. Eat: Be sure to have some refreshments before you leave and enjoy hearty meals throughout the day.
Here are some tips to help you feel your best:
Remember, every two seconds someone needs blood. You’re eligible to donate again in eight weeks. So before you leave the donation site, please schedule your next appointment.
Sign in to schedule appointments, view your donation history, and more!
Please support Blood Bank of Hawaii by donating to the HawaiianMiles Charities Program!
Visit www.hawaiianair.com. Mahalo!